Frequently asked questions
Over the years, I’ve found that many of my prospective clients require the same information. So, I’ve put together a list of frequently asked questions.
If there’s anything you’d like to know which is not covered here, please just contact me and I’d be happy to help you.
What will you do at my event?
Depending on the type of event you are having, I will perform some of all of the following functions:
- Pre-function support
- Oversee the event on the day itself
- Event organiser
- Expert in procedure, etiquette and protocol
What pre-function help do you offer?
I am available at any time to offer whatever help or guidance is needed, and can assist in all areas of planning your function, including itineraries, running orders and speech writing. I am also very good at calming nerves.
Do you always wear your red coat?
Toastmasters are well known for wearing red tailcoats, but I am happy to wear whatever you feel would be suitable for your event. Most of the time I am asked to wear my red or black tail coat, dinner suit, morning suit or lounge suit.
How far in advance of my event should I book you?
It’s always best to book as far in advance as you can. However, please do contact me even if your event is relatively soon, and I will try and help you.
What training have you had?
As a member of the National Association of Toastmasters I have been trained in the following areas:
- Appropriate behaviour, dress and equipment
- Voice projection and use of amplification
- Protocol for every conceivable occasion
- Working at various types of functions
- Understanding and liaising with banqueting and catering personnel
- Solving commonly experienced issues problem areas
Of course, this formal training is now complemented by thirty years’ experience in the profession.
Can you give me a rough idea of your fee?
Every event is different so please just call me (links to contact me) for a free quote with no obligation to book.
When and where do you work?
I am available for work seven days a week. I am also happy to travel both within and outside the
Can you recommend other professionals who can help me with my event?
I have over 30 years of experience in this industry, and have many friends and colleagues who I trust implicitly to make your event a great success.
I am happy to help and advise with finding anything you may wish for your special event including venues, bands/discos, caterers, video, photographers, florists, cars, production companies, specialist entertainers + more
Do you have references from your clients which I can see?
I would be very happy to show you any of the references I’ve received.
What makes you different from other Toastmasters?
- My Father and Grandfather were both Toastmasters – a family tradition that goes back to 1933
- My aim is to care about you and your event, giving it 100% of my attention.
- I will liaise with all other professionals to ensure the whole function runs very smoothly.
- I am happy to help and advise before the event as well as on the day itself.
Does having a Toastmaster mean my event needs to be really formal?
No! I can be formal when necessary or required, but more often than not I perform my duties in an informal manner.